Monday, July 8, 2013

Gina's sandwich

So I was really in a creative food mood today and created a sandwich that was delish!! I'll prerequisite this blog by saying that I eat the same sandwich pretty much every day...An everything thin bagel (toasted) with cream cheese, turkey and spring salad. Sometimes, I'll add a mango salsa if I have some made. So, I had bought some goat cheese for a change. I've tasted it only once and knew it was similar to cream cheese, just more tangy. So I figured it would be nice to try it on my sandwich in lieu of the cream cheese. So I was thinking of what else I could put with it and thought, "red pepper, onion, and almond" and since I enjoy mango, I thought, "peaches" too. And to add some sweetness to balance the tartness, I thought, "honey".

This is how I made it:

I peeled and sliced a peach.

Then, I thinly sliced some red pepper and onions. To a pan, I added about a tbs of olive oil. I sauteed the onion and red peppers for a few minutes. I then put in a few almond slices to toast. I also added a splash of white wine vinegar as well.  In all, about 5 minutes. I then added a little bit of goat cheese (1/2-1 ounce). I heated those items until the cheese had melted.


On my toasted everything thin bagel, I put some turkey slices (3 on each side). I use Healthy Choice Oven Roasted Turkey.  It doesn't have any preservatives like other sandwich meats, so I feel pretty okay with eating it. I then added the cheese mixture (I put it on the turkey so it would drip through the hole in the bagel). Next, I added a few slices of peaches. I finished it off by drizzling some honey on top. I put the two pieces together and viola! A yummmmy sandwich!

It was so fast and tasty. This will be on the rotation for sure! It totally fit in my 200 calorie lunch and it kept me full until dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment