Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Witchy Poo

It's been quite a few years since I've even wanted to do any Halloween crafting. I don't think I've even decorated inside for Halloween the last couple of years. We've done the outside, just not inside. I just wasn't into it. But this year, something changed. I'm actually excited for Halloween. So, I got out the decorations and with Baby Girl's help, got the house looking spooktacular (yes, I went there). I bought some new stuff, but wanted to make some things as well.

About 14 years ago I made a witch out of clay pots. It was the cutest thing ever! I made one for me and one for my mom. It was special to me because it was the first thing I had made for Halloween after my dad died. My dad was a HUGE Halloween fan. He dressed up every.single.year. I guess that's where part of my love for it came. So, to get my mom into decorating (as my dad would have done) I made her a Witchy Poo. Well, my mom died eleven years ago and I kept her witch. I'm glad I did because Bear accidentally broke mine. So, I used my mom's until Bear's dad accidentally broke hers about 8 years ago. When Bear called to tell me his dad had broke my mom's witch, I literally had to pull off the road and cry. I cried like my mom had died all over again. Still to this day, I get emotional about it. I know it was just a "thing" but it had great sentimental value to me. I guess that was another reason why I didn't want to make another Witchy Poo. But, this year, I decided I did want another one, so that's what I did.
Close up picture of Witchy Poo

If you're interested in making a Witchy Poo here's what you'll need and how to do it:

2- 8 inch clay pots
1- 8 inch platter
2- 6 inch clay pots
1- 6 inch platter
1-4 inch clay pot
raffia
wooden doll head
black felt
Halloween ribbon
green, purple, black and orange outdoor paint
wooden circles (extra small and small. I got a bag of assorted)
E6000 glue
Protective spray or shellac


First paint all your pots your base colors. They sky is the limit. Use your imagination. How do you want your Witchy Poo to look? Then glue her together. The body is the two 8 inch pots. The feet is the 6 inch platter. The head is one of the 6 inch pots. Her nose is the wooden doll head. Her eyes are the wooden circles. Her hair is the raffia. Her hat is the 8 inch platter and the last 6 inch pot and four inch pot. Her cape is made of  the felt. Make sure you let the glue set for at least a day before doing detail work on her. It may take a couple of coats of paint (especially if you are using orange or green). Take your time. It took me a couple of days to get her completed.

Have fun making her. Don't forget to protect her by spraying her with something like Crystal Clear. I hope you get a lot of enjoyment from her. 

Here she is outside

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute, think I can do it with my grandchildren, thanx.

    ReplyDelete