Sunday, June 21, 2009

The fool-proof plan


Okay, so as I stated in my previous blog, Baby Girl and I hatched up a Father's Day plan. I knew Honey Bear had no idea it was going to be Father's Day so breakfast in bed would be a great surprise.

I did not over sleep and Baby Girl woke up shortly after I did. At 10:00 we went to the magic making room, you know, the kitchen. Some may need to get their minds out of the gutter..Any way, I needed my microwave bacon tray and wouldn't you know it, it was in the sink buried under some dishes. Well you know I'm sooo ninja like I thought I'd just slide that puppy on out, undetected. WRONG! Next thing I hear is CLASH, CHING, PLING...and the minute it happen I thought, "Shit! That's gonna wake up the sleeping Honey Bear". Sure enough a minute later I hear the water running; well you know a waking Honey Bear's gotta pee. I said, "Welp Baby Girl, Daddy Bear's awake". Then there he appears at our bedroom door with one eye opened, "What's happening?" I said, "Oh I just needed something, I'm sorry, go back to bed". Well apparently Honey Bear was still a sleepy Bear and he went back to bed...WHEW! Proceed with plan 'Breakfast in Bed'.

So I made pancakes, bacon and eggs with the help of Baby Girl. Without her the bacon wouldn't of tasted so good. After the pancakes were golden brown, the eggs firm not runny (as Honey Bear prefers) and the bacon extra crispy (as I prefer), I took our feast to the bedroom and there was Honey Bear sleeping so soundly. Amanda announces, "Happy Father's Day"! Honey Bear grins and is actually surprised that breakfast was being delivered to him. We eat the delicious banquet and now I'm stuffed and happy!

So here's to plan 'Breakfast in Bed!' being a huge sucess!

No comments:

Post a Comment