Sunday, June 21, 2009

Thank you Daddy

Today is Father's day and of course, I'm thinking of my wonderful dad. He left me way too early. I get sad at times about that. I get pissed about it too. I always could depend on my dad. Always. He always gave great advice without judgement, unlike my mom. I could tell my dad anything and he would never judge me. If I had a question, no matter how trivial, he would sit and twirl his moustache mulling over his much thought out answer.

He was quite a different type of man. He wasn't into sports. Oh sure, we went to the Braves games and watched the Super Bowl, but it wasn't a every Sunday thing. He was more outdoorsy. He loved his gardening. He could grow anything. Those that came to our house would be in wonderment of my dad's yard. True, we were never allowed to play in it, but I really didn't care. I loved the flowers he grew. The colors would just pop out at you. His roses were heavenly. Nothing like a bouquet of fresh flowers to brighten the room.

My dad loved me. I never had to guess at it. I always knew it. I'm thankful I had the dad I had. He would discipline me when I needed it and it would not be a spanking, it would be with reasoning and patience.

I love my dad. I'm very thankful for him being in my life even though it was not near long enough. He wasn't perfect, but he was to me. Happy Father's Day Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment