Friday, October 8, 2010

Things that tick me off!

So since I'm sitting here waiting on Baby Girl to get finish with one of her writing assignments, I thought I'd blog for a minute. Lots of things come to mind: what I'm making for dinner, what the cat drug in, who am I, the existence of something greater than me out in the universe, and well, you get the drift. Endless possibilities! But today I think I'm going to blog about things that really irk me. Things that get under my skin and just fester and boil until I just can not take it any more. So, here's my list:

1. People who drive under the speed limit! I mean how hard is it to drive the legal speed? Hell, 5 mile over the limit is even more optimum!
2. The fact that it is 2010 and gay people still do not have the right to be married to the person they want to spend the rest of their life with. What business is it to Jane Smith if Bob and George are married? Don't they deserve the same right to be happy (and sometimes unhappy) with that person? I just don't get it. I never will. We all deserve to be happy and loved.
3. That people are all up in arms about Muslims. Sure there are some nut bags out there but they are not what the entire religion is about. Read a book! Educate yourself on the religion. It's so funny to me that Christians are the loudest and yet they are worshipping the same god. Go figure.
4. That some (most) Christians want everyone to believe their way is the ONLY way. No it's not! I'm glad you found your path my friend, just don't take me with you. That's not my path. That's not millions of people's path. Everyone has the right to follow the path their heart has led them. Stop judging. PERIOD!
5. That my parents are not here to see my beautiful baby girl blossoming into the funny, smart, caring, and beautiful young lady she's destined to become. It totally sucks!
6. That my parents aren't here when I need some advice. My mom's advice was too nice most of the time. Not my style. My dad's was more to the point. But now that I'm a mom and have to actually check myself more often than not, I'd like my mom's advice. At times I even go WWMD? Totally weird but totally true!

Well that's what is foremost in my mind right this minute that really ticks me off. I feel a tad bit better putting it out there. Will it really change anything? Probably not. Gays still will not have the right to marry, people will still drive under the speed limit, Christians will still try to convert and irritate people, people will still be fearful of Muslims, and my parents will still be dead. But in whole, I'm glad I put it out there.

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment