Sunday, May 5, 2013

And then there was light...

I finished my chandelier for outside.

I had bought a cheap fire pit from Wally world. I think it was $30. I took the legs from it to use as the base. I then went to my local Ace Hardware and got four 2 feet chains to hang the base. I also bought so S hooks and eight 1 foot chains for the candle holders.

I made the candle holders out of half pint jars from Wally World. I got glass paint to paint the inside of the jars. Baby Girl helped me with the painting. I got gold puff paint (which was so hard to find. I finally found it at Wally World but it has glitter in it which I really didn't want) to do the designs on the outside. I added the smaller 1 feet chains on the candle holders to put on the base.

Bear helped out with drilling some holes on the base of the feet to add the chains. Then I attached the candle holders on the base. Bear then climb the ladder and hung it for me.

Here are some pictures:

 the base...the legs from the fire pit
 How Bear connected the chain to the legs. He drilled the hole and then added an eye hook.
 without the candle holders
 I added the chain on the candle holders and put it on the base
 In it's home.
 Lit up.
up close

I'm really please with the outcome even though the holders/jars do not look like what I wanted them to look at but they are pretty non-the-less.

No comments:

Post a Comment